March 25, 2009

Product Review: Honest Kids Juice

Um, yes, I realize this is more of a food than a product, but even so, I am VERY excited about this new find! We found Honest Kids Juice first at New Seasons for a special road trip treat. But then, we found them at Costco!! 18 pouches for $6.99 (I think, I will double check next trip.) As far as I am concerned, they have no cons. Okay, maybe the disposable little packages, but upon glancing at their website they want you to recycle them so they can make bags and school supplies out of the pouches and they will donate $.02/pouch recycled to a school or organization of your choice. Hm. Here are some of the pro's:

  • At Costco, a reasonable price for an organic juice box
  • 10g of sugar per pouch (!!! YES! That is all. Less than a serving of plain yogurt!)
  • no high fructose corn syrup
  • yummy flavors
  • great for bribes, rewards or just a special treat (I like to use ours for story time, I am reading the kids Little House in the Big Woods, which does not have as many pictures as they prefer, but if they have their juice in hand, they sit still and listen well. And I do not have to fight them. Maybe not the best precedent but we all enjoy the time.)

No comments: