March 24, 2009

Another Great Resource

Okay, I am working on the preschool thing as I have time. Lucy is a bit ornery about life right now. We are getting there. My big priority for this week: get Lucy on a schedule. Preferably, one that involves her sleeping through the night.

In the mean time, here is a great resource for finding out what exactly that word you cannot pronounce on the bottle of your baby's shampoo bottle. I have seen links to the Environmental Working Groups cosmetic safety database on health minded blogs, but never bothered to check it out. Thanks to the study about formaldehyde I was doing a little extra research before buying some soap on line (the only way I would have enough brain capacity to look for anything on the label beyond the big baddies.) And I came across an ingredient I did not know. So I went where I usually went to find things out. Google. Although, wikipedia is wonderful, too. :) Knowing I wanted something that would be heatlh saavy, and not just descriptive I scrolled down a little until I found the EWG gem. Not something to use everyday, but useful to keep bookmarked.

No comments: