December 23, 2008

A Different Thought on Childbirth



Wow, it feels really good to be blogging again. :) Still no word from Atlanta. Good thing I did not count on an answer Monday. My husband reads this blog, I think, and he showed this to me. I do not know about most women, but I hit a point in each labor where I KNOW without a doubt, that if someone offered me drugs to reduce the pain, I would say YES! I spent a good chunk (yup, the transition chunk) of my last labor trying to figure out how to tell my husband (who is as passionate about natural birth as I am) that I wanted to have the next baby in the hospital with lots of drugs. I have since moved passed this view point, although it did stick around for a few hours after my baby was born. My point in this, I understand that feeling of the pain of childbirth and then, when you hold your baby in your arms-who really cares? I know I don't. When I finally got to hold my baby girl in my arms, I did not even care what gender she was. I just wanted to hold her and look at her and pretty much just do that for the rest of the night. Go ahead and check out this blog entry by Joe Rigney.

1 comment:

Jon Winslow said...

Yay for Joe Rigney... :) That is a beautiful portrait, even if it is that painful.